guarantees and refunds
Old Soul aims to deliver only the very best quality furniture to each and every one of our customers and in order to give you complete confidence and piece of mind, we are now offering a completely free, 15 Year Structural Guarantee on every piece of furniture we sell. We hope this demonstrates our commitment to our customers not only now, but for years to come.
Items covered under Structural Guarantee (15 years) are timber, structural stability, joints, frames (including warpage and separation of frame components).
Our Free 15 Year Structural Guarantee is an extra benefit in addition to your normal statutory and legal rights.
- As natural wood, oak may display various marks and features such as knots, cracks, grain and colour variations etc. These features are considered as footprints of originality and natural beauty of oak and create an individual appearance, and do not have any effect on the durability or performance of the furniture. Each tree has its individual pattern so there are timbers with some markings while others may have none at all.
- Each piece of our bespoke and handmade oak furniture is unique, as such; its colour and grain patterns are never the same, with no two pieces being exactly identical.
- Hardwood oak furniture may be affected by heat and moisture. Hot and dry air in your room can cause shrinking of wood, or if there is too damp you may find your furniture swelled. Knots, cracks, drying shakes and movement are typical features of natural timber and are not considered as fault in the wood or our craftwork. We are unable to take any responsibility for movement in your furniture caused by exposing it to varied temperatures, e.g. putting it next to a radiator or into direct sunlight, also you should be aware of the risks of floor heating which creates highly dry air in the room and may result in shrinking your furniture.
- Leather is a natural material and each hide used for covering our furniture has its own unique features and individual pattern. As various sorts of hides are used for processing leather resulting in high variability in grain, texture and colour. We select hides of the highest quality only but a slight marking is inevitable and is considered as a natural feature of your leather furniture.
- Leather furniture receives its individual appearance due to growth marks, bites, warble fly marks, scars and creases and this is exactly what makes leather "real” and distinguishes it from man-made artificial materials. None of the above mentioned features weaken the quality of the hide. Once you can see these markings they prove you the natural origin of the product.
- Guarantee or refunds will be lost if the furniture gets damaged by extremes of temperature or direct sunlight; also, if the furniture has been dismantled, damaged in transit or warped due to uneven floors after the goods have been handed over and received by the customer.
- All dimensions and contents of our website have been created with care to give our customers as accurate information on our products as possible.